- Unless otherwise stated (or obviously public-domain), all content on my websites is my own work. I will credit other sources where applicable.
- I will disclose anything people might consider a conflict of interest.
- I will tell the truth.
- When accuracy of material or sources is uncertain, it will be clearly mentioned.
- Weblog entries, quotations, headlines, photos and all other content will not be misrepresented or used out of context.
- Information that is known to be inaccurate will not be published.
- Where content is found to be inaccurate, it will be promptly fixed.
- The right of reply will be granted to anybody who disagrees with any content.
- Comments will never be deleted, except under the following circumstances:
- They are spam.
- They have no relevance to the blog to which they refer.
- They constitute any form of hate speech.
- Unnecessary bad language.
- Their intent is to purposely due harm.
- Others opinions and viewpoints will be welcomed and respected.
- I will respect your privacy. If an entry reasonably offends your sense of privacy, it will be removed.
- I will not grant special favors to advertisers, or to anybody sending me promotional material.
- Any breech of this code will result in the offending entry being corrected immediately.
- I am not a professional journalist. This document is a working document, and may be updated from time to time.
- Commentary on this site constitutes a personal viewpoint, and should be read as such.
- Anything that you do as a result of reading this blog is your own responsibility and is done at your own risk.
- I absolve myself from any responsibility whatsoever for any actions resulting on this blog being read.
- This weblog is provided for entertainment and informational use.
Material on this entry is a mixture of the authors’ own views, as well as sourced from the following sites:
- A Bloggers’ Code of Ethics (cyberjournalist)
- Blogging policy examples (Charlene Li)
- David Meerman Scott’s Social Media Guidelines
- Please feel free to use and adapt this document for your own use. However if you do so, please let us know.
- This is a working document, so feel free to enter into discussion and provide us with suggestions regarding any changes or omissions.